OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH AND SERVICE THIS WEEK
SUNDAY: 10:00 AM Mission Fest
7:00 PM Mission Fest
*Our sympathy to the family and friends of Junior Olivier, who went to be with the Lord this past week. His funeral was this past Friday. We pray for God’s peace and comfort for his family during this time.
*Happy Birthday- Brayden Ogle, Brandi Wolbrink
*Happy Anniversary- John & Natalie Nydam, Steven & Marcia Schuldt, Corey & Carla Plamp, Greg & Ardelle Bruinsma
Continue to pray for Valerie Punt, Mavis Bultje, Marge Feenstra, Rylan De Haai
*Carissa Bruinsma serving with YWAM in Houston, TX.
*TJ & Pamela & Mya Lindsey as they continue their work with “Heart of Christ Ministries” (hofcm.org).
*Irene Nydam is at the Corsica Nursing home
*Jim & Betty Tegethoff, and Eltha Wolbrink are at the Leisure Living in Corsica
*Ann Tegethoff, Dora & Alvin Dykstra are at the Platte Nursing home.
*Please keep in your prayers all of our local firefighters, EMT, police officers and military. Tanner Haines, Mike and Lori’s son-in-law and Seth Tegethoff, grandson of Karen Tegethoff are both deployed to Poland.
****UPCOMING CHURCH EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS***
*Today we are celebrating Mission Fest. This morning Jon VanZee who will be sharing his experience as a missionary in China. Sunday evening will be Mark & Mary Chase who are campus missionaries to SDSU in Brookings. There will be NO Monday evening service.
****UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS***
*Make plans to attend the fundraiser for the Amber Dykshorn family at New Holland Christian Reformed Church on Wednesday, September 25 from 5-7 p.m. Bring your family down for supper and activities! We will be serving grilled hotdogs and hamburgers - Free will donation. There will also be fun for all ages including a dunk tank, an inflatable, bake walk and kiddie train!
*Abundant Rock Church of Platte will be hosting a Beth Moore Simulcast on Saturday September 28th from 9:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. a lunch will be provided. To R.S.V.P Contact Ivy Vasek @ 605-680-2425
* The DCS Marching Band invites you to join them for their 2nd annual Pancakes 'n Parade (& a few pirates too) on Tuesday, October 8. Pancakes, sausages & drinks will be served, by the band members, in the DCS gym, from 5:15 to 6:15 p.m. At 6:30 the marching band will present "Legends of Pirate Cove" and other mini parade entries. Pancakes will be served again after the performance & parade. The public is invited to join us to celebrate the talents God has given us and the hard work the band, and their director, have put in for the 2019 marching band presentation. A freewill donation would be appreciated to cover costs and support the DCS marching band.
- September 22- Alan & Kristen Bruinsma
- September 29- Bev Varilek
- October 6- Sylvan & Naydene De Haai
- October 13- Marion Dykstra
- October 20- Dan & Kayleen DeWaard
- October 27- Phyllis Punt
- November 3- Byron & Linda DeHaai
- November 10- Lyle & Jan Bruinsma
- 1st Sunday- Kayleen De Waard
- 2nd Sunday Vonnie Dykstra
- 3rd Sunday- Naydene De Haai
- 4th Sunday – Phyllis Pennings
- 5th Sunday- Barbara Wright
- September 22- Mike & Lori VandenHoek
- September 29- Roger & Kandy Punt
- October 6- Aaron & Barbara Wright & family
- October 13- Tim & Miranda Bode & family
- October 20- Randal & Summer Breukelman & family
- October 27-Lloyd & Margie VanGenderen
Sound System Schedule
- September 22- Aaron De Haai
- September 29- Jared De Waard
- October 6- Alan Bruinsma
- October 13- Matt Feenstra
- October 20- Justin Dykstra
- October 27- Tony Niewenhuis
- November 3- Aaron De Haai
- September- Jan Bruinsma, LaDawn Wolbrink, Twila Dykstra
- October- Delores VanGenderen, FranDe Waard, Miranda Bode
- November- Mavis Bultje, Natalie Nydam, Bev Varilek
- December- Carla Plamp, Kandy Punt, Bonny Prien