OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH AND SERVICE THIS WEEK
SUNDAY: 10:00 AM Worship
7:00 PM Bible Study
MONDAY: 7:00 AM Men’s Bible Study
7:30 PM Women’s Bible Study
WEDNESDAY: 7:00 Jr High Youth Group
Happy Birthday- Ben Donker, Cole Donker
Happy Annivsary - John & Natalie Nydam, Steven & Marcia Schuldt
*Pauline Tolsma is at the Parkston Nursing home.
* Betty Tegethoff is at the Corsica Nursing home
*Eltha Wolbrink is at the Leisure Living in Corsica
*Dora Dykstra is at the Platte Nursing home.
*Please keep in your prayers all of our local firefighters, EMT, police officers and military.
***Help Needed! If you would
be interested in running the sound and live stream for our services
- please contact Alan Bruinsma!
One or two more helpers are greatly needed. They are willing to train anyone interested!
****UPCOMING CHURCH & COMMUNITY EVENTS AND ANNOUCMENTS**
*Today we will be celebrating Communion.
*Men's Bible Study will gather on Monday, September 19th and we will be going over Romans Chapter 3
*The ladies serving groups are going to be updated, please let Carla Plamp know if you would like to be added, deleted, or lowered down to food only for the upcoming 2023 year. Thank you
* JR High Youth Group will begin Wednesday, September 21st at 7pm at the Church.
* Please join us for a weekly Women's Bible Study beginning on Monday, September 19th at 7:30p.m. at the parsonage. We will be studying the book of Ephesians, please contact Miranda DeWitt (620-366-3089) with any questions
* DORCAS is collecting items for "Betty's Basket" in honor of Betty Tegethoff and her passion for Right to Life as their September Mission Project. Please join them in collecting items for an ongoing Baby Shower for moms and infants at the Plus One Guidance Center in Huron, SD. Items can be placed in the Fellowship Hall entryway underneath the coat rack through Sunday, October 9th. Thank you!
*In two weeks, Adult Sunday School will begin a new study on the Apostle's Creed by J.I. Packer. All are welcome to come and join. Contact Tyler Juhnke with any questions".
LORD’S DAY 38
103 Q. What is God’s will for you in the fourth commandment?
A. First, that the gospel ministry and education for it be maintained,1 and that, especially on the festive day of rest, I diligently attend the assembly of God’s people2 to learn what God’s Word teaches,3 to participate in the sacraments,4 to pray to God publicly, 5 and to bring Christian offerings for the poor. 6 Second, that every day of my life I rest from my evil ways, let the Lord work in me through his Spirit, and so begin in this life the eternal Sabbath.7
1 Deut. 6:4-9, 20-25; 1 Cor. 9:13-14; 2 Tim. 2:2; 3:13-17; Tit. 1:5 2 Deut. 12:5-12; Ps. 40:9-10; 68:26; Acts 2:42-47; Heb. 10:23-25 3 Rom. 10:14-17; 1 Cor. 14:31-32; 1 Tim. 4:13 4 1 Cor. 11:23-25 5 Col. 3:16; 1 Tim. 2:1 6 Ps. 50:14; 1 Cor. 16:2; 2 Cor. 8 & 9 7 Isa. 66:23; Heb. 4:9-11
Announcements & Prayer Requests
Call to Worship
#383 “Open Our Eyes, Lord”
#190 “Are You Washed in the Blood”
Reading of the Word
1 John 3:11-18
Preaching of the Word
“Love One Another”
#306 “Jesus Saves”
“Lord, Dismiss Us with Thy Blessing”
- September 18- Kamron Dykstra
- September 25- Alan & Kristen Bruinsma
- October 2- Mare & Trish Dykstra
- October 9- Sylvan & Naydene De Haai
- October 16- Dan & Kayleen De Waard
- October 23- Les & Arla Crago
- October 30- Phyllis Punt
- November 6- Byron & Linda De Haai
- November 13- Lyle & Jan Bruinsma
- November 20- Tony & Chandra Niewenhuis
- November 27- Steve & Phyllis Pennings
- 1st Sunday- –Barbara Wright
- 2nd Sunday- Naydene De Haai
- 3rd Sunday- Phyllis Pennings
- 4th Sunday – Kayleen De Waard
- October 30th- Kayleen De Waard
Sound System Schedule:
- 1st Sunday- Alan Bruinsma
- 2nd Sunday-Aaron De Haai
- 3rd Sunday-
- 4th Sunday- Justin Dykstra
- October 30th- Justin Dykstra