OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH AND SERVICE THIS WEEK
SUNDAY: 10:00 AM Morning Worship Sunday School
7:00 PM Bible study
7:00 PM HS Youth Group
TUESDAY: 5:30-8:00 Soup Supper
Congratulation to Jared & Erin De Waard on the birth of a daughter, Johanna June. Born October 6th.
*Happy Birthday- Greg Bruinsma, Cassidy Ogle, Marion Dykstra, Bronc Dykstra
Continue to pray for Valerie Punt, Mavis Bultje, Marge Feenstra, Rylan De Haai
~The address for Rev Helmus is: John & Elaine Helmus, 1000 W Washington St, Apt.116, Jefferson, IA 50129~
*Carissa Bruinsma serving with YWAM in Houston, TX.
*TJ & Pamela & Mya Lindsey as they continue their work with “Heart of Christ Ministries” (hofcm.org).
*Irene Nydam is at the Corsica Nursing home
*Jim & Betty Tegethoff, and Eltha Wolbrink are at the Leisure Living in Corsica
*Ann Tegethoff, Dora & Alvin Dykstra are at the Platte Nursing home.
*Please keep in your prayers all of our local firefighters, EMT, police officers and military. Tanner Haines, Mike and Lori’s son-in-law and Seth Tegethoff, grandson of Karen Tegethoff are both deployed to Poland.
*Congregational Meeting will be held November 18th @ 7:00 PM. There will be election of elder and deacon at this meeting.
****UPCOMING CHURCH EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS***
*Our Annual Soup supper is coming up…Tuesday, October 22nd. Serving will start @ 5:30.
****UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS***
New Holland Church will host the community Reformation Day service.
- To be held at Dakota Christian School on Sunday evening, October 27, at 7:00 p.m.
- Rev. Henry Lengkeek will be preaching.
- The DCS high school choir and a mass choir will present special numbers.
- Nursery will be provided.
The Dakota Christian high school choir invites any community members to join them in singing "Behold Our God" during the Reformation Day service at DCS. Only one practice will be held at 6 p.m. just before the service. Join us in the DCS music room. If you'd like to get a head start on learning the piece, you may pick up a copy at the school office any time. And if you are an "early bird" that evening, Kim will be available at 5:30 p.m. in the music room.
*All are invited to enjoy the Benson Family singers at Dakota Christian School @ 7:30PM Saturday, Oct 26th. The concert is free but a free will box will be displayed for love offerings.
*Sat., Oct. 26: 5-8 PM Annual Soup Supper, Bake Sale & Bazaar at Grace Reformed Church in Corsica. Everyone is welcome, freewill donation
*Mark your calendars, 5th annual Fall Fling at DCS, Saturday Nov 2nd from 10:00-2:00. Bring a friend to shop over craft or vendor 35 booths, eat soup and sandwich for lunch and grab your favorite bake sale/ Dutch specialty item. To pre-order a gallon of chicken noodle or cheeseburger soup or a dozen club croissant sandwiches, contact Brandi DeLange at 680-5035 by October 28th. Hope to see you there!
- October 20- Dan & Kayleen DeWaard
- October 27- Phyllis Punt
- November 3- Byron & Linda DeHaai
- November 10- Lyle & Jan Bruinsma
- November 17- Chad & Brenda Clites
- November 24-Steve & Phyllis Pennings
- December 1- Frances De Waard
- 1st Sunday- Kayleen De Waard
- 2nd Sunday Vonnie Dykstra
- 3rd Sunday- Naydene De Haai
- 4th Sunday – Phyllis Pennings
- 5th Sunday- Barbara Wright
- October 20- Randal & Summer Breukelman & family
- October 27-Lloyd & Margie VanGenderen
- November 3-Dan & Kayleen De Waard
- November 10- Alan & Kristen Bruinsma
- November 17-Beau & Jessica VanGenderen & family
- November 24- Marvin & Delores VanGenderen
- December 1- Les & Arla Crago
Sound System Schedule
- October 20- Justin Dykstra
- October 27- Tony Niewenhuis
- November 3- Aaron De Haai
- November 10- Jared De Waard
- November 17- Alan Bruinsma
- November 24- Matt Feenstra
- December 1- Justin Dysktra
- October- Delores VanGenderen, FranDe Waard, Miranda Bode
- November- Mavis Bultje, Natalie Nydam, Bev Varilek
- December- Carla Plamp, Kandy Punt, Bonny Prien