OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH AND SERVICE THIS WEEK
SUNDAY: 10:00 AM Morning Worship
We will celebrate Holy communion this morning.
Olivia Joy Bode will be baptized this morning. We rejoice along with her parents, Tim and Miranda and big sister Julia, for this special child from God.
*Happy Birthday: LaDean De Haai, John Mohnene, Desiree Bultje, Ardelle Bruinsma, Greg Bruinsma
Sylvan De Haai as he is dealing with cancer. Continue to pray for Marge Feenstra & Rylan De Haai. Valerie Punt (Leslie Punt’s wife) has had colon cancer surgery. Her address is 629 Heritage Dr. Apt 306, Brookings SD 57006. Please pray for Sheryl Brondsema, Jessica Neilan, Ken Davis as they are dealing with health issues.
*Logan & Jackie are home and are preparing to move to Asia.
Carissa Bruinsma is in New Orleans on staff with YWAM.
TJ & Pamela & Mya Lindsey as they are in Lima, Peru to continue their work with “Heart of Christ Ministries” (hofcm.org).
*Irene Nydam is at the Corsica Nursing home
*Jr & Eleanor Olivier and Eltha Wolbrink are at the Leisure Living in Corsica
*Alvin Dykstra is at the Platte Nursing home.
*Please keep in your prayers all of our local firefighters, EMT,
police officers and military.
Those serving in the military. Matt Mulder who is serving with the 1/189th Aviation Unit. Chase Mayer who is serving in the Air force. Cole Perrett (grandson of Pauline Tolsma) is stationed at the Navy base in Washington
****UPCOMING CHURCH EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS***
*Men’s Bible Study…coming soon. We will have 2 different times a week as to hopefully accommodate everyone’s schedule. We will meet Monday mornings @ 7:00 AM or Wednesday evenings @ 7:00 PM.
*A new order of greeting cards has arrived and have been placed on the shelves in the library. Also, a nice variety of Scripture verse Christmas cards were included in the order. You can find them on the book case shelves in the library. Money can be given to any Dorcas member.
*ATTENTION ALL 5-12 graders….We will starting up a choir for all kids this age of the church. It is our hope to have a song worked up by Christmas to perform at the candle light service. Please –PLEASE join us!!! Rehearsal times to be announced soon!!!
****COMMUNITY EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS***
*The Grief Support Meeting sponsored by Asera Care will meet October 16 at 12:00, noon, with lunch provided at the Good Samaritan Society-Corsica Chapel. If interested, please plan to attend as there is no cost or commitment required. If you have questions please call 946-5467 and ask for Bonnie or Nicole.
*Mark your calendars!! 3rd Annual Fall Fling Vendor/Craft Fair will be Saturday, November 4th at Dakota Christian School from 10 a.m. -2 p.m. Over 30 vendor booths!! A soup with bread bowl lunch will be served. We will also have a coffee bar and caramel apple station! Come get pictures taken for Christmas cards this year! Looking for donated bake sale items, please contact Val Feenstra at 680-3573 if interested.
Sat., Nov. 4—5-7:30 PM
Soup Supper & Fall Bazaar at Grace Reformed, Corsica.
Everyone is invited and welcome to our annual soup supper (free will donation) and bazaar—baked goods, crafts, basket raffles.
There is something for everyone—hope to see you there!
- October 15- Tim & Miranda Bode
- October 22- Matt & Angela Feenstra
- October 29- Randy & Carol Breukelman
- November 5- Jim & Betty Tegethoff
- November 12- Pastor Dan & Natalie Ebbens
- November 19-Jared & Desiree Bultje
- November 26- Marv & Delores VanGenderen
- October 15- Lloyd & Margie VanGenderen
- October 22- Alan & Kristen Bruinsma
- October 29- Beau & Jessica VanGenderen & family
- November 5- Dan & Kayleen De Waard
- November 12- Randy & Carol Breukelman
- November 19- Marvin & Delores VanGenderen
- November 26- Les & Arla Crago
Sound System Schedule
- October 15- Matt Feenstra
- October 22- Justin Dykstra
- October 29- Tony Niewenhuis
- November 5- Jared De Waard
- November 12- Aaron De Haai
- November 19- Alan Bruinsma
- November 26- Matt Feenstra
- October- Lori VandenHoek, Jan Bruinsma & Brenda Dykstra
- November-Mavis Bultje, LaDawn Wolbrink, Paula Tolsma
- December- Margie VanGenderen, Brenda Clites, Brenda Punt