OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH AND SERVICE THIS WEEK
SUNDAY: 10:00 AM Morning Worship
4-7 PM Benefit supper
SATURDAY: 9:00 AM Women’s conference
*Happy Birthday: Jared Bultje, Lori VandenHoek, Ben Donker, Cole Donker
*Happy Anniversary: Marv & Julie Dykstra, John & Natalie Nydam
Mavis Bultje as she is having health problems. Les Crago for continued strength and healing. Darla Redeker fell and broke her hip she also has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Continue to pray for Vernon Punt, Marge Feenstra , Rylan De Haai. Please pray for Jessica Neilan and Ken Davis as they are dealing with health issues
*Logan & Jackie who are living in Central Asia .
*Carissa Bruinsma serving with YWAM in Houston, TX.
*TJ & Pamela & Mya Lindsey as they continue their work with “Heart of Christ Ministries” (hofcm.org).
*Irene Nydam is at the Corsica Nursing home
*Jr & Eleanor Olivier and Eltha Wolbrink are at the Leisure Living in Corsica
*Rich Punt at the Good Samaritan Village Home in Sioux Falls.
*Alvin Dykstra is at the Platte Nursing home.
*Please keep in your prayers all of our local firefighters, EMT, police officers and military.
****Just a reminder….ALL announcements or anything that you want in the bulletin MUST be in by Thursday evening!!! Bulletin and power point are done Friday morning so any late announcements won’t get in that week.
*Thank you so much for sowing into what I am doing here in Houston, TX. I am so encouraged by your generous gifts that you gave me during your combined Labor Day service. I am so blessed with an awesome community that wants to see me thrive in missions! Blessings ~ Carissa Bruinsma
****UPCOMING CHURCH EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS***
*Dakota West Women’s Fall Conference is September 22nd at Aurora Reformed Church from 9:00 AM-12:15 PM with a lunch following. Our speaker this year will be Carissa Bruinsma who is a missionary in the Houston, TX area. Carissa works with an adoption/foster care agency, does street ministry, works with the homeless and the street babies, and hosts short term mission teams. Please mark your calendars, invite your friends and plan to attend our Fall Conference.
*The family of Marvin and Delores Van Genderen would like to invite everyone to stay for cake and coffee after church on Sept. 30th to honor them celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary which is Oct. 4th.
*October 7th will be our Mission Fest @ Aurora Reformed. Speakers and times will be announced later.
****COMMUNITY EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS***
*Benefit Supper for Myles Hosman..Sunday September 16th , 4-7 pm. Pork loin meal served at the Stickney Roadside part. In case of inclement weather, it will be moved to the community building. Free will donation.
*Plans are underway for the 4th Day Renewal Retreat coming this FALL - NOVEMBER 2-4. It will be held at Inspiration Hills starting Friday evening and going thru Sunday afternoon. If you have been through Cursillo, plan on a weekend full of renewal and reconnecting to God and others. The cost is $100 per person and includes five meals and two nights. Registration is OPEN but space is limited. If you have not yet registered, please do so soon to reserve your spot! Registration Deadline is Monday, October 15th. Questions contact Karla Overweg at 680-4848.
* DCS Harvest Sale is Thursday, Sept. 20. Doors open at 5:00 p.m., the meal will begin serving at 5:30 p.m., and the auction will start shortly after that. The meal will be pork loin sandwich, macaroni salad, chips, dessert, and a drink. It is freewill donation. Hope to see you there!
*Pie Social @ Leisure Living in Corsica on Thursday, October 4th from 2-4 PM. Everyone welcome.
- September 16- Chad & Brenda Clites
- September 23-Terry & Sally Scott
- September 30-Joel & Sammie Prien
- October 7- Roger & Kandy Punt
- October 14- Sylvan & Naydene De Haai
- October 21- Ron Nydam
- October 28- Kelvin & Bonny Prien
- November 4- Tyler & Jessica Juhnke
- November 11- Bernard Vlasman
- September 16- Tom & Kristie Ogle & family
- September 23-Matt & Angela Feenstra & family
- September 30-Loren & Brenda Dykstra
- October 7- Mike & Lori VandenHoek
- October 28- Aaron & Barbara Wright & family
- November 4- John & Natalie Nydam & Family
- November 11- Lloyd & Margie VanGenderen
- November 18- Dan & Kayleen De Waard
- November 25- Alan & Kristen Bruinsma
- December 2- Beau & Jessica VanGenderen & family
- December 9- Marvin & Delores VanGenderen
Sound System Schedule
- September 16- Matt Feenstra
- September 23-Justin Dykstra
- September 30-Tony Niewenhuis
- October 7- Jared De Waard
- October 14- Aaron De Haai
- October 21- Alan Bruinsma
- October 28- Matt Feenstra
- Sept.-Cheryl Niewenhuis, Ardelle & Kristen Bruinsma
- Oct.- Donna Kuyper, Marcia Shculdt, Brenda Clites
- Nov.- Carla Plamp & Angela Feenstra
- December – Dorothy Vreugdenhil & Paula Tolsma