OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH AND SERVICE THIS WEEK
SUNDAY: 10:00 AM Morning Worship
TUESDAY: 7:00 PM Congregational mtg
This morning we will be celebrating the sacraments of Holy Communion.
*Happy Birthday- Ty Dykstra
*Happy Anniversary- Tim & Miranda Bode
Continue to pray for Valerie Punt, Mavis Bultje, Marge Feenstra, Rylan De Haai
*Carissa Bruinsma serving with YWAM in Houston, TX.
*TJ & Pamela & Mya Lindsey as they continue their work with “Heart of Christ Ministries” (hofcm.org).
*Irene Nydam is at the Corsica Nursing home
*Jim & Betty Tegethoff, and Eltha Wolbrink are at the Leisure Living in Corsica
*Ann Tegethoff, Dora & Alvin Dykstra are at the Platte Nursing home.
*Please keep in your prayers all of our local firefighters, EMT, police officers and military. Tanner Haines, Mike and Lori’s son-in-law and Seth Tegethoff, grandson of Karen Tegethoff are both deployed to Poland.
*Scripture verse Christmas cards are available in the library along with all the other greeting cards. Any Dorcas member can be paid.
****UPCOMING CHURCH EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS***
* We will be celebrating Communion next Sunday, November 17th.
*Congregational Meeting will be held November 18th @ 7:00 PM. There will be election of elder and deacon at this meeting. Those ineligibles to be elected are:
Mike VandenHoek, Robert Punt, Curt Niewenhuis, Byron DeHaai, Matt Feenstra, Nathan Wolbrink, Alan Bruinsma, John Arlyn Nydam, Dan DeWaard, Myron Donker, Chad Clites, Darwin Vreugdenhil, Marvin VanGenderen, and Roger Punt
*There will be a Thanksgiving Eve service on Wednesday November 27th at the Methodist Church at 7:00 pm.
****UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS***
*The Churches in Aurora Center, Plankinton, Stickney & White Lake
are involved in supporting the Christmas Baskets by shopping at the
Ron’s market in their community and using the turkey punch card to
help purchase turkey’s. If you would like, you may purchase a gift
card at Ron’s Market to help purchase items for the Christmas
Baskets. The gift card may be left at Ron’s or leave them at your
church. The baskets will be put together at the Plankinton United
Methodist Church on Friday afternoon (4:30 PM), December 20, 2019.
For more information contact David Merrill @ 942-7518 in Plankinton.
*Tri-County Right to Life will meet Monday, November 18, at 7:00 PM at Dakota Christian School. Anyone is welcome to attend.
Ferra Kemp will once again be doing an Area Community Choir for
Christmas (You do not need to be from Stickney to sing!!) Practices
will begin December 1st. All practices and the concert
will be held at The United Methodist Church in Stickney.
Everyone (YOUNG AND OLD ALIKE) is encouraged to come and sing!! (BRING A FRIEND!!!)
The first practice will start at 5:00pm and the Concert will be Wednesday December 18th at 7:00pm
Practice Schedule: (We will only have 3 practices this year)
December 1st: 5:00 pm
December 8th: 5:00pm
December 15th: 5:00pm
CONCERT: DECEMBER 18th at 7:00 pm (Choir report at 6:00)
- November 17- Chad & Brenda Clites
- November 24-Byron & Linda De Haai
- December 1- Frances De Waard
- December 8- Robert & Brenda Punt
- December 15- Greg & Ardelle Bruinsma
- December 22- Linda Star
- December 29- Tony & Chandra Newenhuis
- 1st Sunday- Kayleen De Waard
- 2nd Sunday Vonnie Dykstra & Jenni Hargreaves
- 3rd Sunday- Naydene De Haai & Kristen Bruinsma
- 4th Sunday – Phyllis Pennings
- 5th Sunday- Barbara Wright
- November 17-Beau & Jessica VanGenderen & family
- November 24- Marvin & Delores VanGenderen
- December 1- Les & Arla Crago
- December 8-Tom & Bev Varilek
- December 15-Dan VanDrongelen & Family
- December 22- Arnie & Bernetta Wolrink
- December 24- Greg & Ardelle Bruinsma & family
- December 29- Jared & Erin De Waard & family
Sound System Schedule
- November 17- Alan Bruinsma
- November 24- Matt Feenstra
- December 1- Justin Dysktra
- December 8- Tony Niewenhuis
- December 15- Aaron De Haai
- December 22- Jared De Waard
- December 24- Alan Bruinsma
- November- Mavis Bultje, Natalie Nydam, Bev Varilek
- December- Carla Plamp, Kandy Punt, Bonny Prien