OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH AND SERVICE THIS WEEK
SUNDAY: 10:00 AM Morning Worship
6:00 PM Evening service
9:00 PM Outdoor movie
*Congratulation to Tony and Chandra Niewenhuis on the birth of a son, Lincoln Curtis. Born this past Wednesday August 8th!
*Happy 85th Birthday to Bernard Vlasman (yesterday the 11th) Cookies are being provided this morning by the Vlasman family in honor of Bernard’s birthday!
*Happy Birthday: Linda DeHaai, LaRonda Gough, Jim Tegethoff, Charlie Wright, Wayne Bultje
*Happy Anniversary: Curt & Cheryl Niewenhuis
Les Crago came home from Sanford Hosptial in Sioux Falls this past week please continue to pray for strength and healing for Les. Darla Redeker felland broke her hip and diagnosed with breast cancer. Continue to pray for Vernon Punt, Marge Feenstra , Rylan De Haai. Please pray for Jessica Neilan and Ken Davis as they are dealing with health issues
*Logan & Jackie who are living in Central Asia .
*Carissa Bruinsma serving with YWAM in Houston, TX.
*TJ & Pamela & Mya Lindsey as they continue their work with “Heart of Christ Ministries” (hofcm.org).
*Irene Nydam is at the Corsica Nursing home
*Jr & Eleanor Olivier and Eltha Wolbrink are at the Leisure Living in Corsica
*Rich Punt at the Good Samaritan Village Home in Sioux Falls.
*Alvin Dykstra is at the Platte Nursing home.
*Please keep in your prayers all of our local firefighters, EMT, police officers and military.
Those serving in the military. Matt Mulder who is serving with the 1/189th Aviation Unit. Chase Mayer who is serving in the Air force.
Thanks for remembering me in prayer for the last two years and we
ask for continued prayer.
*Thank you for all who contributed to the Sr. RCYF ice cream social - those who came, those who provided food and those who worked. It is encouraging to know that our community supports our full time young missionaries as well as our local youth. The RCYF & Leaders: Byron and Linda
The following 4 books are missing from a series in the library. Please check to see if you have & return, as they were not checked out.
- F-36 “Lone Star Trail” - #1 - Darlene Franklin
- D-64 “Captive Trail” - #2 - Susan Paige Davis
- M-146 “Long Trail Home” - #3 - Vickie McDonough
- F-37 “A Ranger’s Trail” - #4 - Darlene Franklin
****UPCOMING CHURCH EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS***
* Next Sunday, August 19th we will be taking a second offering for the building fund.
*The Jr. High Youth Group is hosting an Outdoor Movie Night, Sunday, August 12th starting around 9pm (weather permitting). We plan to show the movie “The Miracle Season”. Popcorn and water will be provided. Bring chairs/blankets! Hope you can join us for a great night!
*August 26th we will be celebrating the Sacraments of the Communion.
* A Bible Study for all ladies will be starting up August 20th. We will meet for 7 sessions each Monday night @ 7:30. The study this time is Job, A Story of Unlikely Joy, by Lisa Harper . If you would like to join, please contact Jessica VanGenderen.
*Aurora Reformed Church will host a Combined Labor Day Service with area churches on September 2nd @ 7:00 PM.
*Dakota West Women’s Fall Conference is September 22nd at Aurora Reformed Church from 9:00 AM-12:15 PM with a lunch following. Our speaker this year will be Carissa Bruinsma who is a missionary in the Houston, TX area. Carissa works with an adoption/foster care agency, does street ministry, works with the homeless and the street babies, and hosts short term mission teams. Please mark your calendars, invite your friends and plan to attend our Fall Conference.
****COMMUNITY EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS***
*RIGHT TO LIFE - The Tri-county Right to Life will meet on August 20 at 7:30 at Dakota Christian School. Anyone is welcome to come to this meeting to see how you might support this cause.
*Men: Burger Fry August 15 at 7pm at New Hope Camp. Men Right Here Ministries invites all men to join us for an evening filled with a time of eating together, encouraging each other through visiting, testimony, prayer. Come and hear how God changed the lives of Brian Fite and Tracy Nelson. Worship Leader: Don Mesman. This is a FREE EVENT.
- August 12- Byron & Linda De Haai
- August 19- Tom & Trista DeLange
- August 26- Frances De Waard
- September 2- Lyle & Jan Bruinsma
- September 9- Robert & Brenda Punt
- September 16- Chad & Brenda Clites
- September 23-Terry & Sally Scott
- September 30-Joel & Sammie Prien
- October 7- Roger & Kandy Punt
- October 14- Sylvan & Naydene De Haai
- October 21- Ron Nydam
- October 28- Kelvin & Bonny Prien
- August 12- Tyler & Jessica Junke & family
- August 19- Kelvin & Bonnie Prien & family
- August 26-Curt & Cheryl Niewenhuis
- September 2-Larry & Jane Langstraat
- September- 9-Don & Donna Kuyper
- September 16- Tom & Kristie Ogle & family
- September 23-Matt & Angela Feenstra & family
- September 30-Loren & Brenda Dykstra
- October 7- Mike & Lori VandenHoek
Sound System Schedule
- August 12- Justin Dykstra
- August 19- Tony Niewenhuis
- August 26- Jared De Waard
- September 2- Aaron DeHaai
- September 9- Alan Bruinsma
- September 16- Matt Feenstra
- September 23-Justin Dykstra
- September 30-Tony Niewenhuis
- July- Julie Dystra, Natalie Nydam, Twila Dykstra
- August- Betty T, Natalie Ebbens, Miranda Bode